Homework will be set on Friday and due on the following Wednesday (now available on DB Primary). Please support your child in submitting homework on time and to the best of their ability every week. Changing from last term, children will now be given a plastic wallet to carry their homework in. This should be brought back every week with their completed homework.
We request parents to take the time to read the Year 3 Curriculum Overview and to contact your child’s class teacher if you have any questions.
General Reminders for Year 3
Children can be dropped off from 8.45am at the Year 3 door. All children should be in class by 8.55 am. Please meet your children on the playground at 3.30pm when they leave school.
- Class teachers will be available to talk to you at the end of the day. In the mornings, we would encourage parents to either approach the office if the message is non-urgent or hand in a note to your child’s class teacher. This enables us to maximise the learning time for your children in the morning. If the matter is urgent, please talk to the member of staff on the main door who will then pass on the message accordingly.
- Please check your child’s diary and bag for any important information and letters every day. Parents may also wish to communicate with class teachers through this diary.
- Children should read at home every day for at least 20 minutes. Books should be recorded in the reading log in the children’s diary.
- Uniform should consist of: Grey trousers or skirt, white polo shirt, new green sweatshirt and black shoes.
- PE kit should be in school every day and consists of: plain round neck white t-shirt, black shorts and plimsolls. In winter, children may wear black tracksuit bottoms and girls who wish to cover their legs may wish to wear tracksuit bottoms at all times of the year. No logos should be seen on PE uniform.
Please also take time to see the on-line learning services available to your child.