Through PE & Sport our children learn to develop the important qualities of discipline, resilience, communication, team work, and ambition, leading to improved concentration, attitude and academic achievement.
We have welcomed the Government’s announcement in June 2013 to provide additional funding for 2 years to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. We are committed to using this resource in developing high quality PE lessons, alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all our young people.
Total no of primary aged pupils between the ages of 5-11( Jan 2015) – 640
Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received – £11,250
Nature of Support/ How we spend the income
High Quality Physical Education: Raising standards of all our children in Physical education
- Specialist support from qualified PE teachers or qualified sports coaches working with primary teachers to achieve high quality teaching and learning in lessons and at lunchtimes to support the school values and ethos.
- Specialist SI support alongside the Primary PE- co-ordinator in curriculum provision, mapping and lesson planning
- Support in monitoring and evaluating the progress of pupils through assessment from SI.
- CPD opportunities for teachers in national and bespoke programmes in PE & Sport.
- Cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Professional quality assured teaching modules & materials for PE & Sport
- Development of student leadership programmes
- Purchase resources to support development of the PE curriculum
- Twilight inset session for all staff lead by specialist SI leaders to develop our holistic vision for development in PE
Competitive School Sport: Increasing pupils’ participation in extra- curricular sport
- Inclusive competitive opportunities( disability/SEN)
- Support with intra and inter school competition co-ordination and delivery
- Organised competitions at local/borough level
- Organisation of a Borough Dance Festival
- Half a term of tennis coaching provided by Dukes Meadow Tennis Centre
Healthy Active Lifestyles: Ensuring all our children have access to regular exercise
- School based Health programmes and intervention strategies
- Sport Aspire club a pilot 12 week transition programme for individual development of a targeted group of year 5/6 pupils to engage in sport & school in general
- ‘Playground Marking’ CPD for teachers / support staff
- After school clubs aimed to raise fitness levels amongst target group as well as clubs for general participation
Self- Review & Quality Assurance: Measuring the impact of the funding
- Monitoring of pupil progress through assessment in lessons.
- Create/Real PE – online tool for development and self -assessment
- Sainsburys School Games Mark support – monitoring competitive school sport