If you are on certain benefits and have children in schools, you may be able to claim for free school meals.
If your application is successful not only your child will be able to enjoy Delicious yet healthy warm meals everyday,
To be able to receive free meals, you need to be:
- in receipt of Income Support
- in receipt of Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- in receipt of an Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- in receipt of a Child Tax Credit, but not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) of no more than £16,190 (from 6 April 2011)
- being supported by the National Asylum Support Service (NASS)
- in receipt of Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
How to apply
- You must complete an application form – (forms can be collected from the school office or apply on line)
- You can send the paper application form to us or you submit it directly to the Civic Centre.
- You can also mail your application to;
Free School Meals
Revenues & Assessments
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 8583 2820/2781
- The council will contact you and the school to let know the outcome of your claim.
- Once approved, your child/children will be able to enjoy warm healthy meals everyday.